Contractor / Remodeler Update 2023
ProEd’s Update course is written new every year with the same goal in mind, to bring you up to speed on the new changes contractors and remodelers will be facing in the new year. If you only have time for one course this education season, this is it!
Update 2023 takes a look at the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code and whether or not Minnesota should adopt it as our Energy Code. What does this energy code require, and will it make an impact on our state? Also discussed is the often misunderstood guards, handrails, and glazing in hazardous locations, what does our code require for these life safety measures in the houses we build?
Also discussed in the course.
- MN Code and Statute Update.
- Dealing with large format tile installation.
- A comparison of the MN Residential Energy Code and the Proposed Adoption of the 2021 International Energy
- Conservation Code.
- The use of exterior rigid foam products.
- Minnesota compliant business to customer and business to business contracts.
- Understanding guards, handrails, and glazing in hazardous locations.
- Ice lensing and warranty issues.
This course has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry for 7 hours of continuing education credit, including 1 hour of energy code and 1 hour of business administration for Residential Contractors. The course has also been approved for 7 hours of education for Building Officials, and Manufactured Home Installers.
Course: Contractor / Remodeler Update 2023
Cost: $159.00 - Webinar Zoom Meeting
Credit hours: 7 Credit hours MN.
Energy hour: Yes
Business Admin hours: Yes
Class check in: 7:00 am
Class start: 7:30 am
Class end: 2:30 pm
Inclusions: Refreshments at morning check in, box lunch.