Contractor / Remodeler Update 2022
ProEd’s Update course is written new every year with the same goal in mind, to bring you up to speed on the new changes contractors and remodelers will be facing in the new year. If you only have time for one course this education season, this is it!
Update 2022 takes a looks at Minnesota Statute 327A, the Warranty Statute, and how a better understanding of this vital law can actually protect your company against attack from your homeowners. Also included is a review of deck code through the case study of a deck collapse with injuries, what went wrong and how it could have been prevented will be discussed.
As usual, this course includes an hour of Energy and an hour of Business Administration within the 7 hours.
Also discussed in the course.
- Understanding how MN § 327A, when used correctly, can protect you.
- What does the Home Depot Consent Order teach us about being better contractors?
- Effective management of employees and subcontractors (Business Administration hour).
- A close look at the soils we build on through the eyes of the Code.
- The four barriers of the Energy Code (Energy hour).
- A case study of a deck collapse and what code says about it.
- Revisiting braced wall panel design specifically for Minnesota.
This course has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry for 8 hours of continuing education credit, including 1 hour of energy code and 1 hour of business administration for Residential Contractors. The course has also been approved for 7 hours of education for Building Officials, and Manufactured Home Installers.
Course: Contractor / Remodeler Update 2022
Credit hours: 7 Credit hours MN.
Energy hour: Yes
Business Admin hours: Yes
Class check in: 7:00 am
Class start: 7:30 am
Class end: 2:30 pm
Inclusions: Refreshments at morning check in, box lunch